|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For The Hotplate)|
|Ginger||4 3⁄4 Inch|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|New potatoes||250 Gram|
|Beef||300 Gram, minced|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped finely|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
|Lean lamb||450 Gram|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into cubes|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled & quartered|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (First Milk)|
|Fresh green ginger||10 Gram|
1) In a large bowl, sift flour and salt together.
2) In a small bowl, beat eggs with milk and water.
3) Beat in flour with it.
4) Alternately, using a blender machine blend all ingredients and process the mixture until smooth.
5) Heat a hot plate over gas or charcoal. Using a pandan leaf brush apply oil with it.
6) Hold a special roti jala cup over the plate.
7) Pour 1/2 cup of batter mixture into it. Using a swirling motion make a lacy pattern of circles on the heated surface.
8) Let the pancake set for sometime and then carefully turn over to cook on the second side.
9) Take out from hotplate and keep warm.
10) To prepare minced meat filling, grind rempah ingredients until fine.
11) Add curry powder and mix well.
12) In the oil, fry rempah until fragrant.
13) Stir in minced meat and saute for ten minutes.
14) Peel and dice potatoes. Add potatoes, onions and salt to the meat.
15) Cook the mixture until it is dry and meat is tender.
16) Spoon each roti jala with 1 tbsp of this mixture. Sprinkle coriander if required.
17) Keep rolls in oven for sometime or re-heat gently before serving.
18) To prepare mutton curry, grind rempah ingredients until fine paste.
19) In a thick-based pan heat oil, add spices and chopped small onion.
20) Stir fry for two minutes, add rempah ingredients, and cook until rempah is fragrant.
21) Cut lamb meat into 2cm square cubes.
22) In a pan heat oil and fry meat quickly with the spices. Turn cubes to coat with mixture.
23) Add two cups of water or salt-free stock. Simmer the mixture with closed lid for at least three quarters of an hour.
24) Add potato cubes to the curry and cook the potatoes until tender for 10 minutes.
25) Stir in coconut milk, add tomatoes, and adjust seasoning to taste.
26) Simmer the sauce until thickens.
27) Serve with roti jala pancakes.
Calories 838 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.6%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.9 mg47.6%
Sodium 700.8 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 59.8%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet