Old Fashioned Indian Pudding
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole egg||1 , beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint (For Serving)|
1. Into a medium (1 ½ quart ) microwaveable casserole or dish, add 1 1/2 cups milk
2. Heat milk in the microwave for about 4 minutes until hot but not boiling.
3. Add together cornmeal, sugar, salt, and spices into hot milk and stir thoroughly.
4. Return to microwave and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, stirring twice.
5. In the mean time, beat egg, molasses and butter.
6. Spoon some of hot milk mixture into egg mixture and blend well before pour the eggs into the milk mixture in the casserole. Stir thoroughly.
7. Cook pudding mixture for another 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Pour the remaining cold milk over the pudding.
9. Cook for 3 1/2 minutes, without stirring, until pudding is set.
10. Let dish stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
11. Take dish to the table and spoon into bowls.
12. Serve warm plain or topped with vanilla ice cream if you like.