Malay Curried Noodles
|Angel hair pasta||4 Ounce, dried (Thin Pasta)|
|Corn oil||13 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved and cut into thin slivers|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Best-Quality)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , stemmed, halved lengthwise, seeded, each half sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Mung bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced on the diagonal (3 Inches Green Left On)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered (For Garnish)|
1) Allow a large pot of water to come to a boil.
2) Add in 1 tablespoon corn oil and pasta and cook the pasta until it just becomes soft, draining well, when done.
3) Rinse the pasta under cold running water and then drain again.
4) Transfer the pasta to a bowl and keep aside.
5) For the omelette, take a 10-inch non-stick skillet and heat 1 teaspoon oil in it over medium-high heat.
6) Rotate the pan so that the oil coats the entire pan bottom.
7) Into the center of the skillet, pour the beaten egg when the oil sizzles slightly and rotate the pan so that the egg coats the bottom.
8) Cook the omelette for 1 minute and then release it from the sides of the pan using a spatula.
9) Toss it over gently and then cook for 30 seconds more.
10) Transfer the omelette to a plate and slice it into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
11) Cover the omelette strips and keep them aside.
12) In a wok, over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil.
13) Sauté onion in it for about 3 minutes when the oil sizzles slightly, until they are just wilted.
14) Spoon over curry powder and again cook the onion, stirring, for 1 minute.
15) Stir in red pepper strips and fry them for about 2 minutes until they are slightly softened and the curry coats the vegetables well.
16) Mix in shrimp and sauté the mixture for about 2 minutes until the shrimp are just cooked well.
17) Stir in 1 cup of the bean sprouts, the scallions, and cooked pasta.
18) Lower heat to medium and toss the pasta gently from the bottom to mix it well with the other ingredients.
19) Take 6 to 8 shallow pasta bowls and divide the noodles evenly between them.
20) Serve the dish warm or at room temperature after garnishing with the omelette strips, remaining 1 cup bean sprouts, and the slivered basil leaves.