|Plain flour||225 Gram|
|Full fat milk||5 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , very finely chopped|
|Green chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon (Plus Extra For Deep Frying)|
|Peeled prawns||200 Gram, uncooked|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||100 Gram, cubed and cooked|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Extra For Deep Frying)|
|Peeled prawns||200 Gram (Uncooked)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (From 1 Lime)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Frozen peas||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Natural yogurt||150 Milliliter (To Serve)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Sauce||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
|Mint sauce||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour with a pinch of salt.
2. Use a round bladed flat knife to cut the butter into the flour. The flour should start to resemble large breadcrumbs
3. Gradually add the milk to the flour and bind together to form dough.
4. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes or until use.
5. In a large pan, prepare the filling by frying the onion and chill in 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry for five minutes or till soft
6. Add the curry powder, prawns, and potatoes to the frying pan and cook for five minutes.
7. Stir in lime juice, coriander, and peas and cook.
8. Season to taste and cook till soft.
9. Unwrap the pastry and roll out thinly using a 15cm plate as a guide
10. Cut out four discs from the pastry and divide the filling evenly for all four discs
11. Spread out the filling on the discs and moisten the edges with water.
12. Fold the discs and seal the edges making sure that they are well sealed
13. In a wok, heat oil to 180C and deep fry the samosa’s in batches for 4-5 minutes till golden-brown.
14. Drain well before serving
Serve the samosas hot with yoghurt and mint sauce as an accompaniment.
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg40.9%
Sodium 264.4 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet