Golden Chicken Curry
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 , cut crosswise on the diagonal into 1 inch strips|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Use More Quantity If Needed)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced peeled ginger||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (My Own)|
|Defatted chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mango chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Creme fraiche||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For Serving, 1 1/4 Cups Raw)|
|Carrots||2 , peeled, cut into 1/8 inch dice and blanched (For Garnish)|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||3 , peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8 inch dice (For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) In a shallow dish, spread the flour, coat the chicken strips with the flour, shake off the excess flour.
2) ln a large heavy pot, saute 1/2 the chicken strips in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for about 5 minutes, until just cooked.
3) In a bowl, remove the chicken strips with a slotted spoon. Repeat with rest of the chicken strips, add more oil if required.
4) In the same pot, saute the onion, garlic and ginger in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden.
5) Sprinkle with the curry powder, stirring constantly and cook for another 1 minute.
6) Stir in the chicken broth and simmer 8 to 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
7) Stir in the chutney and creme fraiche and simmer for 5 minutes , then stir in the chicken strips and heat thoroughly.
8) Spoon over hot cooked rice, garnish with the carrots, tomatoes and cilantro, sprinkle over the raisins, if desired and serve immediately.