Apple Pineapple Raita
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Granny smith apple||1 , cored|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch, peeled, grated|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed, drained|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together lime juice, coarsely grated apple.
2. Add garlic, ginger, and pineapple; toss well to combine.
3. Strain the mixture through a fine strainer.
4. Drain and discard excess liquid.
5. Return the fruit to the bowl.
6. Add yogurt, salt and basil; mix well.
7. Cover the bowl.
8. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours but not more.
9. Stir well before serving.