For vegan choice, add soy yogurt in place of dairy yogurt.
To fry corn pancakes, make thick batter(add more flour to make it thick)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated (Frozen corn or cream corn may also be used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Fresh chopped ginger may be used)
Green chili paste
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh chopped green chilies may be used)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh minced garlic may be used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
Coriander and cumin powder
1 Pinch (Adjust to your taste)
2 Tablespoon (Add as required to get the right consistency for the batter) (Optional)
1. In a bowl, add the grated corn. To this add the corn flour, yogurt, ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
2. Add the finely chopped red onions and the fresh cilantro.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder, salt and oil. Mix well to blend in all the added ingredients with the corn.
4. Add water only if required to adjust the consistency.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and ladle batter onto the warm pan to make the pancakes.
6. Drizzle a little oil around the edges and cook till the bottom turns golden brown. Flip sides and cook until done.
7. Serve the corn pancakes with freshly cut vegetables and a chunky salsa dip. As an alternative option the pancakes may also be served with Indian chutneys of your choice.
If you are interested in making an easy Indian snack, then you have to watch chef Bhavna as she makes the yummy corn pancakes. It's easy to make and it certainly has the Indian touch in it . You can serve it with yogurt. I'm sure you'll enjoy the snack.