Corn Pancake or Fritters - Gluten Free
|Fresh corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated (Frozen corn or cream corn may also be used)|
|Yogurt/Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (Fresh chopped ginger may be used)|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh chopped green chilies may be used)|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh minced garlic may be used)|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Adjust to your taste)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (Add as required to get the right consistency for the batter) (Optional)|
1. In a bowl, add the grated corn. To this add the corn flour, yogurt, ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
2. Add the finely chopped red onions and the fresh cilantro.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder, salt and oil. Mix well to blend in all the added ingredients with the corn.
4. Add water only if required to adjust the consistency.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and ladle batter onto the warm pan to make the pancakes.
6. Drizzle a little oil around the edges and cook till the bottom turns golden brown. Flip sides and cook until done.
7. Serve the corn pancakes with freshly cut vegetables and a chunky salsa dip. As an alternative option the pancakes may also be served with Indian chutneys of your choice.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 109.9 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet