Deviled Eggs Indian
|Hard cooked eggs||8 , shelled|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded process gruyere cheese||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Instant chicken broth/1 teaspoon instant chicken broth||2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Slice the eggs lengthwise into half.
2. Scoop out yolks and add to a small bowl
3. Use a fork to mash the yolks and then blend in mayonnaise or dressing, mustard, pinch of salt and pepper, chopped pimiento and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese
4. Spoon the yolk mixture into whites, arrange on a plate and keep aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
6. Boil the peas until tender, then drain reserving the cooking liquid and keep aside.
7. To the hot cooking liquid add the instant chicken broth and dissolve.
8. Add milk to the liquid and keep aside.
9. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
10. Sauté onion till soft.
11. Stir in the flour, curry powder, ginger and pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until mixture bubbles.
12. Gradually add the stock-milk liquid to the pan, stirring constantly to blend with flour mixture
13. Simmer sauce, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
14. Take pan off the heat and stir in remaining cheese and blend well.
15. Stir in the cooked peas.
16. In an 8-cup greased casserole layer rice then arrange stuffed eggs, pressing them lightly into the rice.
17. Pour the curry cheese sauce on top to cover the eggs.
18. Just before serving, place casserole in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until sauce is hot and bubbly.
19. Take the dish straight to the table and garnish with pimiento strips.
20 Serve with a cucumbe yogurt salad if you wish.