|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a cup mix saffron with 1 tablespoon hot water and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan heat oil and butter and cook adding rice and salt stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
3. Add saffron mixture and 3 cups water and bring to boiling.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
5. Serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 164.8 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet