Chicken Curry With Rice
|Boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Tomato||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Onion soup mix envelope||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Blend the onion soup mix with water and curry powder.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter.
3) Fry the chicken until browned.
4) Add tomatoes along with soup and curry powder mixture.
5) Cover the skillet and cook on low heat for 15 minutes until chicekn is cooked thoroughly.
6) Add yoghurt, heat the curry. Do not boil.
7) Serve the chicken curry over hot rice along with cooked peas.
8) Garnish with coconut flakes, raisins or nuts, if desired.
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.6 mg28.5%
Sodium 662.7 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 10% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet