Fragrant Chicken Coriander And Coconut Curry
|Coconut milk||400 Milliliter (1 Can)|
|Coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Root ginger||1 Small, quartered|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Skinless chicken thighs/Drumsticks||8|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Cumin powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor, whizz together the coconut milk and coriander ( including the leaves and stalks), remove it to a dish and set aside.
2. In another smaller jar, add the garlic, ginger and chillies and whizz with sufficient water to turn into a paste.
3. In a large non-stick pan heat the oil.
4. Let the chicken brown well on all sides and remove.
5. Put in the onion, cloves and cinnamon and fry until lightly coloured.
6. To the pan put in the chilli paste and let it cook such that most of the liquid has evaporated.
7. Adding back the chicken, stir in the powdered spices and coconut paste.
8. Covering the pan let it boil, and cook for 40-50 minutes, partly opening the lid halfway through cooking to allow the sauce to thicken.
9. Check for the doneness of the chicken, stir in the tamarind paste, season as per taste and add a splash of water if the sauce has thickened too much.
10. Serve the fragrent curry over rice.