1. Take a frozen puff pastry sheet and thaw it well.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3. Lay the pastry dough on the back of a baking tray. Sprinkle caraway seeds on the surface.
3. Using a roller pin, roll lightly over it so that caraway seeds sets into the pasty dough.
4. Place the dough on the baking tray, cut into strips (about 2-inch long) and arrange them on the baking tray.
5. Bake at 400 F for about 8 minutes. And once the biscuits haven risen, take them out of the oven, flip sides.
6. Lower the temperature of the oven to the lowest, put the baking tray back into the oven and let it bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until evenly cooked and done.
7. Let the biscuits cool completely. Then store them in air tight containers.
Those who are keen on making Indian khari biscuits, then check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make yummy khari biscuits. They are so easy and quick to make and above all they are baked so they low fat biscuits. You can enjoy eating them while having tea. Watch the video for the easy recipe of making khari biscuits.
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 50.9 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0.22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Jeera Or Khari Biscuits (Salty Puffs) Recipe Video