Trirangi Khandvi - Tri-Color Stuffed Khandvi
|For the green filling|
|Boiled green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh mint leaves||4 Medium|
|Green garlic/Garlic - 2 cloves||2 Medium, torn into large pieces|
|Green chili paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use as per your taste)|
|Salt||To Taste (Do not add salt if the ginger and green chili paste contains salt) (Optional)|
|Lemon juice||3 Drop|
|Sugar||To Taste (Optional)|
|For the orange filling|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon (Khus khus)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Cashews||1 Teaspoon, broken|
|Garlic chutney||2 Teaspoon (Prepared using garlic, tamarind and red chilies)|
|For the khandvi|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing the khandvi trays)|
|For the tempering|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
To make the green filling:
1. In a mini blender, add boiled green peas, finely chopped cilantro, a few mint leaves, green garlic/regular garlic cloves, green chili paste, ginger paste and salt. Blend well.
2. Remove the prepared mixture into a bowl and add a few drops of lemon juice and sugar (optional). Mix to combine well. Set aside.
To make the orange filling:
3. Into the blender, add poppy seeds, shredded coconut and cashews. Blend these three ingredients well into a coarse powder.
4. Take it out into a bowl and add garlic chutney to it, mix well to combine. Set aside.
5. Grease the trays for spreading the khandvi mixture with a little oil and set aside.
To make the khandvi:
6. In a bowl, using an electronic hand blender blend yogurt and water mixture.
7. Add besan (chick pea flour/gram flour) a little at a time and continue to blend to form a lump free batter.
8. To this add ginger paste, green chili paste, salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Blend well.
9. Transfer the yogurt and chickpea flour mixture into a pot, heat it on high heat. Once it starts bubbling, stir well.
10. It takes about 20 minutes for the khandvi batter to cook. Try a little on the back of a small vessel, cool it and roll it. If it rolls easily, the batter is ready. Turn off the heat.
11. Very quickly spread the batter on the surface of the greased trays, spread the prepared green filling on one and orange filling on the next.
12. Gently roll the khandvis and set them aside in a bowl.
13. In a small pan, heat a little oil, splutter mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Pour the seasoning as required over the rolled and prepared khandvis.
14. Serve as a snack.
2. Electronic hand blender - to blend the yogurt and water mixture
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg1.6%
Sodium 197.8 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet