Lemon Garlic Rice
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Garlic||2 Large, minced|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Medium (1 Medium Lemon)|
1. Take heavy bottomed saucepan and soften the butter in it.
2. Fry the garlic and onion in it until they turn soft and translucent.
3. Stir in rice and continue to cook until the grain gets coated nicely in a buttr.
4. Stir in thyme, bay leaf and parsley.
5. Boil the mixture over low heat for about 25-30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir in butter and lemon rind.
7. Serve in immediately .
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1293 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.9%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.3 mg42.4%
Sodium 718 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 28 g55.4%
Vitamin A 78.8% Vitamin C 99.1%
Calcium 16% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet