Indian Charred Chicken
|Chicken breasts||4 , skinned and boned|
|Curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For cucumber raita|
|Natural yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter Or 2/3 Cup)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Breasts between sheets of baking parchment or ding film (plastic wrap). Pound them with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten them.
2. Mix together the curry paste, oil, sugar, ginger and cumin in a small bowl. Spread the mixture over both sides of the chicken and set aside until required.
3. To make the raita, peel the cucumber and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Grate the cucumber flesh, sprinkle with salt, place in a sieve and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Rinse off the salt and squeeze out any moisture by pressing the cucumber with the base of a glass or back of a spoon.
4. To make the raita, mix the cucumber with the yogurt and stir in the chilli powder. Leave to chill until required.
5. Transfer the chicken to an oiled rack and barbecue (grill) over hot coals for 10 minutes, turning once.
6. Warm the naan bread at the side of the barbecue. Serve the chicken with the naan bread and raita and accompanied with fresh green salad leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1113 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 418.3 mg139.4%
Sodium 1154.3 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 165 g330.5%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet