Baked Indian Pudding
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Indian meal/Corn meal||3 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
3. In a saucepan, heat the milk to scalding point, about 180°F (82°C). Then take off flame.
4. Preheat the oven to 300°F
5. In a large saucepan, combine the meal, molasses, sugar and egg and beat with a wire whisk or wooden spoon to mix well
6. Gradually pour the hot milk, stirring constantly until well blended.
7. Place the pan over a medium low flame and cook, stirring all the time, until it thickens like custard.
8. Take the pan off the heat and slide in the butter, spices and salt and stir well until blended.
9. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place in the preheated oven.
10. Bake the pudding for 30 minutes then remove and pour over it 1 cup milk.
11. Return immediately to the oven and continue baking for another 2 hours or until the pudding is set.
12. Remove pudding from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
13. Take the dish to the table and spoon into bowls
14. Serve it warm.