Wild Rice With Mushrooms
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot chicken broth/Turkey broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease a 1-qt. casserole.
2. Bring water and salt to boiling in a deep saucepan.
3. Meanwhile, wash wild rice in colander or sieve.
4. Add rice gradually to water so boiling will not stop. Boil rapidly, covered, for 25 to 30 min., or until a kernel of rice is tender when pressed between fingers and all of the water has been absorbed.
5. Clean and slice mushrooms.
6. Heat butter or margarine in skillet.
7. Add mushrooms with chopped onion.
8. Cook slowly, moving and turning occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned and onion is tender. Combine with rice and chicken or turkey broth.
9. Turn mixture into casserole and bake at 350°F about 30 min. Additional mushrooms for garnishing casserole may be prepared and arranged around edge of casserole just before serving.