Rice Stuffed Mushrooms
|Flat mushrooms||4 Large|
|Assorted wild mushrooms||3 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Dry pack sun dried tomatoes||4|
|Dry red wine||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Spring onions||4 , trimmed and finely chopped (Scallions)|
|Cooked red rice||2 3⁄4 Ounce (75 Gram, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Thick slices granary bread||4|
|Spring onions||2 , shredded (To Garnish, Scallion)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Peel the flat mushrooms, pull out the stalks and set aside. Finely chop the stalks and place in a saucepan.
2. Add the wild mushrooms to the pan with the tomatoes and red wine. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid, and place in a small bowl.
3. Stir in the spring onions (scallions) and cooked rice. Season well and spoon into the flat mushrooms, pressing the mixture down gently. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Arrange the mushrooms in an ovenproof baking dish and pour the reserved cooking juices around them. Bake-in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are just cooked.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill (broiler) to hot. Trim the crusts from the bread and toast on each side until lightly browned.
6. Drain the mushrooms and place each one on to a piece of toasted bread. Garnish with spring onions (scallions) and serve.