Gajar Ka Halwa - Gajar Burfi - Quick Pressure Cooker
Enjoy this sweet delight prepared quickly !
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Add as required just to moisten the carrots)
Non fat dry milk powder/Mawa
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Add as per your taste and preference)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Pinch (Optional)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground
1. Heat up a pressure cooker, add ghee and let it melt. At this point add cashews and raisins (if using) and saute them.
2. Add the shredded carrots and stir a little to coat the carrots with the melted ghee.
3. Add a little milk to ensure that while cooking the carrots do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
4. When the mixture starts bubbling close the pressure cooker and cook till you hear about 2 or 3 whistles of pressure release.
5. Once done, allow the pressure cooker to rest for a while before opening it. Open the cooker, and place it on a medium-low heat.
6. Add the milk powder or fresh mawa, stir and cook till the raw milk flavor vanishes and all the liquid evaporates from the pot.
7. Add sugar, stir well and cook until the sugar thickens and the color changes slightly.
8. Add a few strands of saffron and ground cardamom powder. Stir well.
9. Serve warm as it is or with vanilla ice cream.
The halwa can be cooked a little more until it thickens further and then it could be cut into pieces and served.
The carrot halwa may be garnished with slivered almonds and cashews along with a few raisins.
Things You Will Need
1. Pressure cooker
2. Food processor - to shred the carrots
If you are searching for the perfect recipe of the famous gajar ka halwa , then try this one out. This is very simple to make. In order to make a low fat halwa, the chef uses low fat milk powder in the recipe. I'm sure your family and guests will love it. Watch the video for this interesting recipe.