Chloe Wilson's Blackberry And Coconut Squares
|Self rising flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Oats||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||10 Ounce (280 Gram)|
|Cold butter||8 Ounce, cut into pieces (200 Gram)|
|Desiccated coconut||2 3⁄4 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Blackberries||12 Ounce (350 Gram, Fresh Or Frozen)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2. Grease and line a 31 x 17cm baking tin with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, put in the required amounts of flour, oats and sugar.
4. Add butter and rub in the butter with the fingertips till only pea-sized pieces are visible.
5. Gently add in the coconut and mix till just incorporated. Fill a teacup with the mixture and set aside
6. Stir in the eggs gently and mix. Pour the mix into the lined baking tin. Smooth the surface and scatter the reserved teacup of dry mixture on to the surface.
7. Bake for 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins will the surface is golden or till a skewer comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool
9. Just before serving, sprinkle over with crushed berries.
10. Cut into the required size of squares and serve at tea time.
Calories 1107 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.9%
Saturated Fat 41.1 g205.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215 mg71.7%
Sodium 1209.3 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.2%
Sugars 76.7 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet