Sweet Cherry Bombe
|Sweet cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk/Cooled||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Medium (separated)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) Stone and cut in half 11/2 cups cherries; reserve remaining cherries for garnish.
2) In 1 1/2-quart bowl, mix together butter and cracker crumbs, and press around side and bottom of bowl.
3) Place the bowl in refrigerator and chill until firm.
4) In a cup, place gelatin with cold water and soak until softened.
5) In the top of double boiler, mix gelatin, milk, sugar and salt.
6) Stirring continuously cook until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
7) In a bowl, beat egg yolks lightly and add in small amount of hot milk mixture.
8) Put the bowl back on boiler cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
9) Remove the bowl from double boiler, allow to cool and chill until thickened.
10) In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
11) Lightly fold in the beaten egg whites, vanilla and cherries.
12) Transfer the eggs mixture into prepared bowl and place in refrigerator until chill, for 2 to 3 hours.
13) Invert over a chilled serving plate and garnish with whipped cream and reserved cherries.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.3 mg32.8%
Sodium 104.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet