1⁄2 Tablespoon (If using red chili powder, use 1 teaspoon)
Coriander and cumin powder
Fenugreek leaves/Dry methi
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Optional)
Fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. When the oil Is warm enough, add the dry whole red chilies.
2. When the chilies change color slightly, add the coriander and cumin seeds. Lower the heat and stir for a few seconds.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger and garlic paste. Stir for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the bell peppers and stir until slightly tender.
5. Add salt and the chopped tomatoes. Stir to mix all the vegetables well. Cover with a lid and let it cook till the tomatoes are completely cooked and tender.
6. Once the tomatoes are cooked and turn into pulp and a gravy is seen, add the degi lal mirch, garam masala, coriander and cumin powder, fresh fenugreek leaves (dry fenugreek leaves may also be used).
7. Add the fresh paneer cubes and stir gently to incorporate all the spices well. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes.
8. Finally garnish with some finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
9. Serve warm with roti, paratha, kulcha or rice.
If you're looking for some healthy recipes in Indian cuisine, then look no further. The chef has maintained a good balance of proteins and iron by using bell peppers and paneer. It is very delicious and famous Indian dish. You can serve it with hot roti or naan. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the video.