Thakkali Poondu Thokku
|Ripe red tomatoes||2|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Tamarind paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||3 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Gingely oil||5 Teaspoon|
1. Grind the tomatoes with tamarind paste in to a fine paste without any lumps and keep aside.
2. Roast the fenugreek and asefeotida with a tsp oil and crush in to fine powder.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in kadai, splutter the mustard, add the garlic and saute for 2mins(dont let it to brown), add the tomato paste, cover and let it boil in medium heat.
4. When the thokku gets little thick, add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fenugreek powder and salt and mix well. If needed add a tsp oil and again cover, simmer and boil for 5mins.
5. Now uncover, give a stir and adjust taste, boil till the oil floates on sides and thokku consistency is reached.
6. Store in an airtight container and relish!
Tastes great with Curd rice, dosa, idli, chappati.