Madras Chicken Curry
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Or More To Taste)|
|Chicken stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Mango chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Sultanas||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Eating apple||1 , cored and chopped|
1) Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry the chicken pieces on all sides till they turn golden brown.
2) Put the chicken in a bowl and remove skin and bones. Cut the meat into small chunks. Keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil add onions and fry till soft.
4) Add flour and curry powder to it stirring continuously for a minute.
5) Gently pour in stock mixing with the contents. Boil and simmer on low heat until it thickens.
6) Gradually add chutney and seasoning to it.
7) Add the chicken and cook covered for 30 minutes till the meat is well cooked.
8) Add the sultanas and apple, cook for further 5 minutes.
9) This chicken dish is a great combination with boiled rice. To be a bit more creative, add lemon wedges, sliced banana dipped in lemon juice, yogurt and cucumber raita, sliced egg, fried poppadum, cucumber and tomato mix, mango chutney and peanuts.
If you want to make the curry spicy and hot, add more curry powder to it. This curry can be freezed in an airtight container and kept for future use. Before serving add the contents to a nonstick casserole and reheat in oven at 170°C, 325°F. Gas Mark 3, for 40 minutes.