Panna Cotta With Raspberries
|Single cream||568 Milliliter (1 Tub)|
|Vanilla pod||1 , split|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||85 Gram|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh raspberries||300 Gram|
1. Soften the gelatin in a bowl of ice cold water.
2. Into a heavy bottomed saucepan, pour the cream, immerse vanilla pod and stir in vanilla extract and 50g sugar.
3. Bring to the boil, stirring sugar dissolves.
4. Take pan off the heat and dissolve the softened gelatin while it is hot.
5. Add rum and stir well for 2 minutes.
6. Divide into 6 ramekins or jelly molds.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours until set.
8. In a liquidizer jar, combine half the raspberries with the remaining sugar and 3 tbsp water.
9. Blend to a smooth sauce like consistency.
10. Strain into a sauce dispenser or sauce boat.
11. Unmold pannacotta my immersing the ramekins in a bath of warm water for 10 seconds
12. Carefully invert onto chilled dessert plates
13. Spoon the sauce around each pannacotta.
14. Decorate the plate with fresh raspberries.