Paruppu Urappu Adai
|Toor dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Channa dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Split moong dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raw rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry red chilli||10|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Fennel seeds||4 Teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||5 Tablespoon, grated (or1/4 cup)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (for toasting)|
1. Wash and soak the ingredients 1-5 overnight.
2. Grind the soaked dals with red dry chilli & fennel seeds by adding water little by little in to a fine paste like dosa batter.
3. In the batter, add the onions, curry leaves, coconut, salt and mix well.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in tava, pour a scoop of batter in the center and spread evenly in outward circular motion.
5. Pour a tsp oil on the edges of the adai and cook for 5mins in medium heat.(You will see small holes on top of the adai, and the oil disappears - this is sign of cooked stage)
6. Now move the spatula around the edges of the adai and flip it to the other side and cook for 3mins till golden brown.
7. Finally add little oil and its done.
Tastes excellent with Coconut chutney and sugar. Enjoy!