|Coarse semolina||11 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Butter/Ghee||100 Gram (100 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Blanched almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almond essence||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Saffron powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dissolved in 1/4 teaspoon water|
1. Grease a ¼ inch deep baking tray with oil or ghee.
2. Put a medium heavy bottomed sauce pan over a low flame.
3. Add the semolina in the pan and dry roast it stirring frequently to prevent it from burning until it is lightly browned and gives out an aroma of being roasted.
4. Add the butter and sugar to the semolina and stir.
5. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring continuously to prevent lumps and the semolina from sticking to pan.
6. Continue stirring and cook over low heat till the mixture is stiff.
7. When all the milk has been absorbed by the semolina, add the almonds, essence and saffron and mix well.
8. Empty the mixture into the greased baking tray and spread evenly with a spatula.
9. Allow the halva to cool before cutting into 1 inch squares or diamonds.
10. Serve warm or cold.
11. You can store the halva for 1-2 days in a cool dry place.
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.5%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 56 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 77.8 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet