Classic Lamb Curry
|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Lightly crushed roasted peanuts||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Sliced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized microwavable place the ground lamb, breaking the lumps with a spoon.
2. Set microwave power at 7 and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until the meat changes color from pink to light brown.
3. Spoon out excess fat and discard.
4. Stir onion, green pepper and curry powder into the lamb mixture.
5. Cover the dish with cling wrap.
6. Without changing the power level, microwave the mixture for another 4 to 5 minutes stirring after 2 minutes.
7. Finally stir in rice, cream, tomato and salt.
8. Re-cover dish and microwave for 10 minutes until everything is well cooked and heated through.
9. Ladle the curry into a serving dish or tureen.
10. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving, if desired.