Yam & Potato Roast (Senai/Suran Roast)
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Steam cook the yam and potato seperaately. Cool, unpeel and cut in to small pieces.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add the fennel seeds and curry leaves, let it splutter.
3. Add the yam and potatoes and saute. Now add the turmeric, red chilly, garam masala and salt. Saute for 3mins.
4. In a medium flame, roast the yam by adding oil little by little and fry.
5. Roast cook for 15 mins till golden brown.
Tastes great with hot sambar rice!