This curry is true to Rajasthan, northwestern part of India, which is known for its spicy cuisine. Gatte itself are so moist and flavorful alone, but when simmered in seasoned yogurt curry they will WOW you!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Red chili powder
Method for making ‘Gatte’:
1) Start by mixing together graham flour, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, vegetable oil and yogurt to form semi-soft dough.
2) Make about 6 equal size balls from this dough.
3) Wet your palm with vegetable oil and roll each ball to form a cylindrical shape
4) Bring a pot of water to a boil
5) Place the cylinders in to this water and cook till they start floating on the top
6)Remove from water and cut them in to ½ Inch pieces. Set aside. Do not discard the water.
This video is a creation of the aarsi. You can visit aarsi for complete recipes,and more videos.
Rajasthani cuisine entails an array of exquisite preparations. Chef Aarsi shows how to make Gatte Ki sabzi or curry of Gatte using gram flour as the base ingredients along with other flavors and seasonings. The chef begins with the making of gatte in the video and watch the following video for further steps.
Gatte Ki Sabzi Part 1 - Making The ‘Gatte’ Recipe Video