|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter)|
|New potatoes||250 Gram, boiled whole, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes (In A Bag)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Use 1 Handful)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄4 Pinch (Or A Good Pinch)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon, toasted|
1. In a large bowl, beat the yogurt until smooth and thick in consistency.
2. Add the potatoes and season with salt. Mix well
3. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. In a small skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
5. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
6. Pour the hot oil and cumin into the bowl of yogurt and potatoes.
7. Stir in half the coriander and mix well.
8. Spoon the Raita into bowls.
9. Sprinkle chilli powder and toasted cumin powder.
10. Garnish with the remaining coriander.
11. Serve with curry and pulao. It tastes best when served cold.
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg9%
Sodium 432.1 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet