A special favorite with North Indians, Paneer (cottage cheese) with its delicate milky flavor is used all over India to make delicious dishes.
White distilled vinegar
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium high heat. Once the milk starts boiling, remove it from heat and add vinegar (quantity of the vinegar mite vary depending on its brand).
2. Stir a couple of times till the Paneer separates from the water. Line a cheese cloth in a colander and sieve the liquid through the same. The unwanted water gets discarded and the residue becomes the Paneer.
3. Lift the cheese cloth and fold all the four sides. Now take a heavy bottom bowl or pan and place it on top of the folded cheese cloth.
4. Now add water to this pan to make it more heavy. This will help to discard all the water from the Paneer (as shown in the video ). Let this sit for a couple of hours. Remove the pan and open the cheese cloth to release the prepared disk shaped Paneer and cut in to desired shapes.
3. Paneer cubes are extremely soft and should be cut at least half inch thick. Paneer can be eaten raw or mixed with various Indian sauces and curries.
4. Always enjoy with loved ones!
This video is a creation of the aarsi. You can visit aarsi for complete recipes,and more videos.