|Fresh paneer||500 Gram|
|Melon seeds/Cashew paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds/Cashew paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashew pieces||20 Gram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed whole spices||10 Gram (Clove, Small Cardamom And Bay Leaf)|
(1) Cut paneer in long pieces.
(2) Finely chop onion, garlic, tomato and ginger.
(3) In a frying pan, heat oil
(4) Fry paneer until golden brown
(5) Remove and drain on a kitchen paper towel and keep aside.
(6) Drain excess oil, and add all the masalas in the pan. Saute for a few seconds.
(7) Add onion and garlic and sauté with the spices till soft and lightly browned
(8) Add tomato, melon & poppy seed/cashew paste and ginger and sauté for 6-8 minutes on a low flame.
(9) Add water to thin the gravy and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
(10) Add fried paneer to the gravy and simmer until the gravy becomes thick.
(11) Serve the paneer and gravy in a kadhai serving dish
(12) Garnish with cashew and grated paneer
(13) Accompany with traditional Indian bread.