2. In a bowl, add the wheat flour, plain flour, semolina, gram flour, ground almond (with the skin), baking powder, freshly ground cardamom and nutmeg powder. Add sugar as well and combine all the ingredients well.
3. Add softened unsalted butter at room temperature and mix to combine with the other dry ingredients.
4. Gradually add warm milk a little at a time (1 tablespoon at a time) to knead the mixture to a soft ball of dough.
5. Once kneaded, take small portions of the dough and roll into small balls and line into a cookie baking tray.
6. Place a slivered almond and pistachio on top of each of the lined balls.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 minutes at 350 F. When the bottom of the nankhatais are browned, flip them and continue to bake.
8. After 8 minutes, bring down the temperature and bake again for about 10 to 15 minutes at 200 F.
9. Serve the nankhatai as a snack at tea time.
If you're looking for the recipe of Indian cookies, then try out these nankhatai. Chef Bhavna uses wheat flour as well as Plain flour for making them. They are so delicious. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the video.