1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well (Sabudana or Sago)
1 Medium, peeled, steamed
Ground cumin seed
1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
Fresh lime juice
Green chili paste
1. Soak a cup of tapioca pearls (sabudana) in water for 60 minutes. Drain well to remove all the water from it.
2. Wash and peel a medium size potato. Using a pressure cooker/steamer and steam it. Once done, let it cool, then shred it.
3. Line a baking tray with wax paper and set aside.
4. In a bowl add the shredded potato, drained sabudana, salt, sugar, ground cumin and carom seeds. Add a few drops of fresh lime juice, ginger and green chili paste. Mix to combine all the ingredients well.
5. Add a tablespoon of rice flour and combine to get the right consistency of the mix.
6. Fill the prepared mixture into the chakri maker (chef uses the cake frosting bag as an alternate option) and roll out chakris onto the wax paper lined baking tray.
7. Keep the tray out under the sun and dry out the chakris completely.
8. Once dried completely, place them on a plate and pop it into the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
9. Serve as a snack.
To make the sabudana soft, they can be steamed along with the potato.
The sabudana chakri may be baked as well as deep fried.
Things You Will Need
1. Cooking baking tray
2. Wax paper
3. Chakri maker / Cake frosting bag
All those who like eating sabudana murukku, should definitely try this out. It is an easy snack to make. Chef Bhavna makes the chakli in the microwave so it's a healthy snack too. You can enjoy eating the murukku while having tea. So don't forget to check out the video.
Sabudana Chakri Chakli Or Murukku - Indian Snack Recipe Video