Pea Pakora Pockets
|Floury potatoes||18 Ounce, cut into chunks (500 Gram)|
|Frozen peas||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Curry powder||5 Teaspoon (Choose Your Favorite)|
|Natural yogurt||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Mint||3⁄4 , half roughly chopped (Or 1 Small Bunch)|
|White pita bread/Wholemeal pitas||6 , halved|
|Iceberg lettuce||1⁄2 , shredded (To Serve)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
1) Pre-heat oven to 200C/fan or 180C/gas mark 6.
2) In a saucepan, boil the potatoes for about 8 mins or till they become soft. Add in the peas in last couple of mins. Take the pan away from heat and drain the water.
3) Remove out the potato and two third of the peas. Put the pan back on fire with just one third of the peas.
4) Mash the peas together, and throw in the curry powder and some seasoning. Saute over low heat. Put in the remaining peas and stir for a min. Remove from heat.
5) Use 2 tablespoons, make 16 coarse rugby ball shapes out of the mix.
6) On a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, arrange the rugby ball shapes in rows.
7) Bake them for 20 mins until they turn crispy and golden.
8) Add the chopped mint to the yogurt and mix.
9) Toss the rest of mint leaves and the shredded lettuce.
10) Warm the pittas.
11) Serve the hot pakoras along with yogurt mix, lettuce and the warmed pittas.