Lemon Scented Rice
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the rice in a colander.
3. In a medium saucepan or casserole, add water and salt.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
5. Add the rice and boil for 5 minutes.
6. Reduce the flame, cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is tender and puffed. The rice should be just cooked and not very soft.
7. Take the pan off the flame.
8. Dot the rice with knobs of butter.
9. Sprinkle rind and juice of lemon.
10. Lightly mix puffing up the rice and not stirring vigorously.
11. Cover the pan and allow the rice to stand in the steam until the flavors are absorbed.
12. Serve the rice with a curry.