Atta Cashew halwa
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (atta)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food colour||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a pan/kadai, heat the ghee on medium flame.
2. Add the atta to the heated ghee & stir continuously till it turns golden brown till the raw smell goes.(Just make sure it does not burn).
3. Keep all other ingredients ready as they have to be added quickly one after the other.
4. Alongside, in a vessel add the sugar to the water and the cardomom powder and heat it till the sugar dissolves in the water, once done keep it aside.
5. As soon as the atta is brown and you get a nice aroma flowing through your kitchen, add the sugar water mixture to the atta and stir continuously.
6. Keep stirring till it starts leaving the ghee from the corners, this takes some 15 mins.
7. The halwa is now ready to be served. Garinish with the nuts and serve hot. Enjoy!!
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g112.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98 mg32.7%
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet