Chana Dal Sweet Balls (kadala Paruppu Suliyan)
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (maida)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Oil||100 Milliliter (For frying)|
|Chana dal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (boil in water for 15 mins and drain it)|
|Jaggery||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Grind the boiled Chana dals in to slightly granulated powder.
2. With the dal powder add cardomom powder and mix well.
3. Put jaggery and 1 tsp salt in a vessel, add little for just the jaggery to dissolve while heating.
4. When the jaggery is fully dissolved and starts to nicely boil, take out from heat.
5. Now add the jaggery syrup to the dal mixture a little at a time and mix well till the mixture thickens and roll in to soft ball consistency.
6. Now roll small balls from the mixture and keep aside.
7. Make a slightly thick batter with maida, baking soda, salt and water.
8. Heat oil in kadai, dip the gram balls in the maida batter and put in semi-hot oil.
9. Fry the balls until they are puffy, crispy and slightly golden brown in colour.
10. Put them in a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil and serve hot!!