Butter Murukku (Butter Rice Chakli)
|Rice flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||5 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, fry Urad dal till light brown and let it cool.
2. Grind it into a fine powder.
3. To this add the rice flour, Melt the butter and add it to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Boil 2cups of water, hing, salt and keep aside.
6. Pour the hot water little by little and stir constantly and mix. Till the dough consistency is reached. (Make sure it has the right consistency to pass through the murukku pressure).
7. With the help of a murukku presser/mould, fry it in a deep pan of heated oil, until they are Light brown or golden brown in colour.
8. Drain them in a paper towel to remove excess oil, let them cool.
Usually for 2cups flour we'll get 10-12 murukku.Store in an air tight container. Enjoy crispy and tasty homemade butter murukku. Everyone at your home will love it.