Pasta with dal
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
|Ginger garlic paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Add a pinch of salt to all purpose flour and mix. Then add water and mix well in to a tough dough and keep it aside for 1.30 hrs (maintain the consistency of a pasta dough)
2. Boil the lentils and blend it in to a fine paste.
3. Take another pan and add 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is heated add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add cumin seeds, Urad dal, turmeric powder, hing and curry leaves to the above and it cook for some time.
4. Then add about 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and fry till is turned in to golden brown. Add the green chillies and let it cook for few seconds and remove it from the heat.
5. Add the above tempering to the dal (from step 2). Mix well and keep aside.
6. Take another big pan and add 1 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot add the chopped onion and fry it till it is cooked.
7. Then add the dal mixture (from step 5) along with 4 to 5 cups of water to the onions and then cook for few minutes.
8. Add salt, chilli powder, lemon juice and garam masala and let it boil. Then add about 1 or 2 tbsp of jaggery (if you dont want it too sweet then add just 1 tbsp) to this mixture and mix well.
9. Take the dough (from step 1) and roll it as a thin layer on top of the board. The thickness of this rolled sheet should be less than that of a normal chapathi.
10. Once it is rolled take a knife and cut it in to squares or triangles like paste pieces. Then drop these thinly sliced pasta pieces in to the boiling dal mixture (form step 7)
11. Once you add all the pieces then cook the pasta for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy while it is hot!!!!
Note: drop the pasta carefully in to the dal mixture as it might break. Also keep mixing the pasta in between until it is cooked so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.