ONEMAN shows you two methods to make Indian style pickles from green plums.
For plum pickle
2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (cut off the bottom and top ends)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For sweet sour pickle
FOR PLUM PICKLE
1. In a bowl, put the plums. Season them with methia masala and salt.
2. Let it rest at room temperature for 3-4 days.
3. Transfer the pickle into a jar and fill with oil.
4. Cover with the lid and store in the refrigerator.
5. Serve the Plum Pickle with bread.
FOR SWEET SOUR PLUM PICKLE
1. In a bowl, put the plums. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
2. Expose to sun for 2-3 days then add sugar.
3. Mix well and expose to sun again for 3-5 days.
4. Transfer the pickle into a container and store in a dry place.
5. Serve the Sweet Sour Plum Pickle with your favorite dish.
Things You Will Need
for methia seasoning
mix 1 part each of crushed fenugreek, mustard, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander powder with 1/2 part of salt, and 1/4 part of turmeric. All mixed and used as per taste with lemon juice, if needed.
Be it picnic or potluck, you need yummy pickles to jazz up your meals. If you are game for something different, just safely opt for plum pickles. Prepared with green, tart plums, this pungent delight makes for a luscious addition to your meals. Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to go about pickling your plums.