How to Make Pickles from Green Plums
|For plum pickle|
|Plums||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced (cut off the bottom and top ends)|
|Methia seasoning||3 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For sweet sour pickle|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
FOR PLUM PICKLE
1. In a bowl, put the plums. Season them with methia masala and salt.
2. Let it rest at room temperature for 3-4 days.
3. Transfer the pickle into a jar and fill with oil.
4. Cover with the lid and store in the refrigerator.
5. Serve the Plum Pickle with bread.
FOR SWEET SOUR PLUM PICKLE
1. In a bowl, put the plums. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
2. Expose to sun for 2-3 days then add sugar.
3. Mix well and expose to sun again for 3-5 days.
4. Transfer the pickle into a container and store in a dry place.
5. Serve the Sweet Sour Plum Pickle with your favorite dish.
mix 1 part each of crushed fenugreek, mustard, red chili pepper, cumin, coriander powder with 1/2 part of salt, and 1/4 part of turmeric. All mixed and used as per taste with lemon juice, if needed.
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 801.4 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 0.25 g0.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet