Kerala Beans Stir Fry
|Beans||1⁄2 Kilogram (Chopped into thin pieces)|
|Garlic pods||5 , crushed|
|Green chillies||4 , slit|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1. Grind together coconut, turmeric powder, kunjulli and green chillies.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and splutter mustard seeds. You can add onions and saute till golden brown.
3. Add garlic and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
4. Add beans, ground coconut paste and salt to taste. Mix lightly.
5. Cover the pan and cook on low flame, stirring occasionally.
6. After 6- 8 mins, the beans will be cooked.
Never add water while making any thoran. The vegetables contain water which is more than enough for cooking.
Visit my website http://malayali.me for more recipes !!!