ONEMAN show describes making a date candy in simple three steps making paste, mixing nuts and hand rolling to make good chewy nutty DATE candies for any day and DATE,friend or family.
500 Gram, cooked in microwave and mashed
1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely ground (almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (for decoration) (Optional)
1. In a large pan, heat ghee and dates. Stir until paste.
2. In a food processor, add almonds, cashew nuts, pista and gently crush them.
3. Add in the nut mixture to the pan. Keep stirring until the candy reaches the right consistency. Add cardamon and nutmeg.
4. Turn of the heat and make rolls with the candy mixture.
5. Slice the rolls into small circles. Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts or poppy seeds.
6. Serve the Date Candies with warm chocolate drink.
Candies bought from outside are high in calorie. Why not make at home with dates and nuts and serve as a surprise to everyone? The process to make it is simple with easily available ingredients from kitchen cabinet. You can try this once and forget store bought candies forever.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.6 mg14.5%
Sodium 44.1 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 0.1%
Vitamin C 0.48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Date Candy Made Easy To Chew For Mama Recipe Video