Methi Rice Pulav
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Methi leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm) (fenugreek leaves, vendaya keerai)|
|Thai green chillies||4|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Jeera powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
* Wash and finely chop Methi leaves.
* Wash the rice, drain the water and pour 3 and 1/2 cups of water for 2 cups of rice and cook it in rice cooker with some salt.
* Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped green chillies and finely chopped ginger and fry for 2 mins in medium flame.
* Add chilli powder, corrainder powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder and stir.
* Now add methi leaves & peas and cook for 10-15 mins in medium high flame till cooked ( don't add any water since there will be water in the leaves when you washed )
* When it is fully cooked remove from the stove and mix the cooked rice to this and if needed some salt and add 2 tsp of ghee and mix all.
* Garnish with corrainder leaves.
* Enjoy it hot with potato chips and raita.