Moong Dal Sambar
|Moong dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion/1 big onion sliced||15 Small, cut|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Sambhar powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon|
* Cook moong daal with 2 cups water, a tsp of oil and a pinch of turmeric in cooker for 2 whistle sounds.
* Meanwhile in a pan pour oil and add mustard seeds, when they splutter add urud daal and curry leaves, small onions, 3 slit green chillies and fry for 3 mins.
* Now add cut tomatoes and fry for 3 mins.
* Put sambaar powder and 1/2 cup water, a pinch asafoetida and boil for a min.
* Open the cooker after steam goes and mix the daal once and add the onion, tomato mix to daal, add salt and if needed add some more water and close lid.
* Cook again for 1 whistle.
* Open the cooker after steam goes and add 1 tsp of butter to this to give a nice aroma.
* Moong daal sambaar is ready.