Drumstick Leaves Sambar
|Drumstick||1 Cup (16 tbs) (choose Green tender ones- 1 cup)|
|Toor dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tamarind||1 Small (one lemon size, soak in water and take juice)|
|Onion||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomato||2 , finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sambhar powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To grind:)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon (To grind:)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To grind:)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Methi seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (fenugreek seeds)|
1. Grind the given ingredients to grind in to a fine paste.
2. Cook the toor dal with asefeotida powder, turmeric powder, water and mash it well.
3. Heat oil in pan/pressure cooker, add the methi seeds, mustard, cumin seeds, red dry chilly and saute till the mustard splatter.
4. Add the onions, curry leaves and saute till it turn transparent.
5. Add the tomatoes, saute for 3 mins add the chilly, coriander powder, chilly powder, sambar powder, salt. Saute for 4mins till the raw smell goes.
6. Now add the mashed dal, drumstick leaves, tamarind juice, ground coconut paste and enough water. Mix well and close the pan.
7. Allow two whistles if pressure cooker, or cook for 15 min and your sambar is ready.
Serve with steaming rice and dry potato fry side dish( check out in my recipies).