Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash is a soup bursting with sweet butternut squash,earthy porcini mushrooms and healthy vegetables. To make a vegetarian version of this soup just omit the bacon and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. Serve with a garnish of some chopped parsley and some good, crusty Italian bread.
10 Ounce, rinsed and picked over (1 Bag)
4 , cut into medium pieces
2 , cubed
1 , chopped
4 , medium dice
3 , medium dice
2 , thinly sliced
2 Ounce, reconstituted and strained
Parmigiano reggiano rind
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1)In a stock pot place 2 Tbls olive oil.Over medium heat add the bacon and brown in the olive oil.
2) Add the onions and garlic and brown also. Add the carrots, celery and thyme.
3) Add chopped porcini mushrooms,and the rinds of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Stir to coat all the ingredients.
4) Add the lentils and stir again. Add the broth and simmer on low for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5) Meanwhile roast your butternut squash. Take the cubed butternut squash and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper then place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
6) When the lentils are tender and the vegetables are cooked add your butternut squash and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7) Serve with a garnish of some chopped parsley and some good,crusty
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
After eating all the heavy, fancy gourmet food in the holiday season, your body literally screams for rest! What you need is some delicious lentil soup bursting with flavors of sweet butternut squash, earthy mushrooms and chockfull of veggies. This is a very healthy and hearty soup recipe, loaded with tons of nutrients and proteins making a perfect post holiday meal using ingredients that you are sure to have on hand after the festive cooking.