Lentil and Butternut Squash Soup
|Dried lentils||10 Ounce, rinsed and picked over (1 Bag)|
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into medium pieces|
|Butternut squash||2 , cubed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||4 , medium dice|
|Celery rib||3 , medium dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 , thinly sliced|
|Porcini mushrooms||2 Ounce, reconstituted and strained|
|Parmigiano reggiano rind||2|
|Chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1)In a stock pot place 2 Tbls olive oil.Over medium heat add the bacon and brown in the olive oil.
2) Add the onions and garlic and brown also. Add the carrots, celery and thyme.
3) Add chopped porcini mushrooms,and the rinds of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Stir to coat all the ingredients.
4) Add the lentils and stir again. Add the broth and simmer on low for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5) Meanwhile roast your butternut squash. Take the cubed butternut squash and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper then place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
6) When the lentils are tender and the vegetables are cooked add your butternut squash and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7) Serve with a garnish of some chopped parsley and some good,crusty
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.