How To Make Ridged Squash or Turia Dishes
|For ridged squash|
|Squash||1 Large, peeled and slice to large pieces|
|Bread slice||20 Gram, ground|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn meal||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||20 Gram, powdered|
|Butter milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For turia patra|
|Squash||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled and chopped|
|Dry red chilies||2 , chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Patra vegetarian delight||300 Gram|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
FOR RIDGED SQUASH
1. In a bowl, add bread crumbs, flour, corn meals, Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. In another bowl, pour buttermilk.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, pour olive oil and heat it.
4. Dredge the squash slices in buttermilk and then in dredging mix.
5. Put them on hot pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
6. Serve the Ridged Squash with your favorite dish.
FOR TURIA PATRA
1. In a dish, put the chopped squash and place inside the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard, fenugreek, dry red chilies, cumin seeds, asafetida and sauté them well.
3. Add in the squash and season with coriander powder, red chili powder and salt.
4. Pour in the water and stir well. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. In a bowl, put patra vegetarian delight and place it in the microwave oven to defrost.
6. Fold in the patra into the curried squash and mix well.
7. Transfer it to a dish. Pour in the lime juice and gently toss altogether.
8. Serve the Turia Patra dish with Indian wheat bread.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.4 mg1.5%
Sodium 1687.6 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 60%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet