|Rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (for frying)|
* To the rice flour add melted butter, salt, chilli powder, asafoetida powder, seasame seeds, jeera ( cumin ) and mix all.
* Now add water little by little and mix as chapatti or kolukattai maav.
* Do not add much water since if you add more water the murukku will not be crisp and will not turn out properly. So mix correctly.
* Now heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and when it is hot you can do murukkus.
* Method for pressing: Put the maava in murukku kulal and put and star shaped auchu in it. Now take a round flat karandi and turn it upside down and press the murukku in that karandi in the shpae as shown in the picture and put the murukku carefully in oil. Always keep the flame is medium high and take the murukku out after it is golden brown in colour. Do the same for all.
* That's it..... mullu murukku is ready.
Store in an air tight container. Will be good for a month.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 509.1 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet